Juneteenth is a special time for so many. In collaboration with other Black Chefs and Bloggers, Chef Curl Ardee is joining with a recipe you can bring to the cookout- her honey and buttermilk cornbread. From scratch, this recipe will have the people around your dinner table wondering how you made it so special.
See below for a list of other recipes by Black Chefs and Food Bloggers alike who share in celebrating the richness of Juneteenth and use the hashtag #juneteenthcookout on social media for more!
Enjoy a 19% discount on all apparel and single bottles of Chef Curl Ardee Seasonings with code JUNETEENTH at checkout. Ends June 27th.
Honey and Buttermilk Cornbread
- 1 and 1/2 cup of Cornmeal
- 1 cup of Flour
- 1/2 cup of Sugar
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup of Butter
- 2 cups of Buttermilk
- 1/4 cup of Honey
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients- cornmeal , flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Melt half of the butter and add to mixture.
- Add cracked egg, buttermilk, and half of the honey to mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Pour cornbread batter into lightly oiled cast ironed skillet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and spread the remaining butter and honey on the top of the cornbread.
Enjoy these recipes as well by other Black Chefs and Food Bloggers!