Juneteenth is a special time for so many. In collaboration with other Black Chefs and Bloggers, Chef Curl Ardee is joining with a recipe you can bring to the cookout- her honey and buttermilk cornbread. From scratch, this recipe will have the people around your dinner table wondering how you made it so special.
See below for a list of other recipes by Black Chefs and Food Bloggers alike who share in celebrating the richness of Juneteenth and use the hashtag #juneteenthcookout on social media for more!
Enjoy a 19% discount on all apparel and single bottles of Chef Curl Ardee Seasonings with code JUNETEENTH at checkout. Ends June 27th.
Honey and Buttermilk Cornbread
To celebrate and honor the history of Juneteenth, Chef Curl Ardee has teamed up with other Black bloggers to share a host of recipes for you to enjoy. With a such a rich history, it's no mystery that the flavors we're sharing are going to add so much to your life as they have enriched our own. This homemade cornbread is full of the stuff good dreams are made of (honey and buttermilk, to be specific). You will be able to brag about knowing how to make cornbread from scratch and I'm confident it will change your life!
- 1 and 1/2 cup of Cornmeal
- 1 cup of Flour
- 1/2 cup of Sugar
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup of Butter
- 2 cups of Buttermilk
- 1/4 cup of Honey
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients- cornmeal , flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Melt half of the butter and add to mixture.
- Add cracked egg, buttermilk, and half of the honey to mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Pour cornbread batter into lightly oiled cast ironed skillet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and spread the remaining butter and honey on the top of the cornbread.
Enjoy these recipes as well by other Black Chefs and Food Bloggers!